Questions about 911?
- Written by Karen Ivy Karen Ivy
- Published: 19 July 2018 19 July 2018
- Last Updated: 19 July 2018 19 July 2018
- Created: 19 July 2018 19 July 2018
The speaker at the Greater Rockridge NCPC’s August 9 meeting will be Gina Wong, OPD Communications Dispatcher. The NCPC has asked her to discuss issues such as:
- How many calls do they get? How do they assign call priorities?
- Staffing and training – what is the timeframe for recruitment and hiring?
- When you call 911, what do they want to know? Why do they ask that? How do they hand off calls for dispatch?
- What’s the issue with calling 911 from a cell phone? What is the non-emergency number for?
Ms. Wong will also take questions. Join us at 7:30 PM on August 9, in the conference room of the Rockridge Library, for this interesting subject.
Upcoming 2019 - 2020 Meetings
|August 8, 2019||Rockridge Library, College & Manila|
|October 10, 2019||Rockridge Library, College & Manila (tentative)|
|December 12, 2019||Rockridge Library, College & Manila (tentative)|
|February 13, 2020||Rockridge Library, College & Manila (tentative)|