Joint RCPC-NCPC Town Hall June 11, 2020
- Written by Karen Ivy Karen Ivy
- Published: 03 June 2020 03 June 2020
- Last Updated: 05 June 2020 05 June 2020
- Created: 03 June 2020 03 June 2020
On June 11, 2020, at 7:00 PM, the Rockridge Community Planning Council and the Greater Rockridge Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council will hold their annual joint town hall. Due to the pandemic, the meeting will be virtual, using Zoom. Here is the Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 863 9145 1034
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,86391451034#,,1#,452674# US (San Jose)
Audio Only - Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
The Oakland Police Community Resource Officers (CROs) will present their usual report on area crime over the last 60 days. Captain Chris Bolton, Area 2 commander, has agreed to give an overview of OPD’s role as the city opens up from the shutdown, and what OPD anticipates going forward while living with the virus, and to take questions. The group plans to discuss the effect of COVID-19 on crime, public safety, and racial equity in the area.
We will also have two brief presentations:
- Anne Janks from the Coalition for Police Accountability will talk about MACRO, a pilot program that has been funded by the city council, to divert OPD calls for service on mental health issues to a community-based program.
- Sean Maher, Public Information Officer from Oakland Slow Streets, will discuss the Slow Streets program and take questions and comments.
Upcoming 2020 Meetings
We expect meetings to be virtual, using Zoom, until further notice, depending on the course of the pandemic.
|October 8, 2020||
Virtual meeting, Zoom link is at top of page
|December 10, 2020||
|February 11, 2021||